No Quiero Taco Bell!

Tuesday, 25 Jan 2011 02:48 PM

By Marti Lotman

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
Alabaman law firm Beasley, Allen, filed a lawsuit Friday accusing fast food chain Taco Bell of false advertising about its “seasoned beef.”

A study conducted by the firm revealed that what Taco Bell calls “seasoned beef” is actually less than 35% beef, and contains mostly “binders” and “extenders.”
 
This 35% doesn’t meet the minimum requirements that TTaco Bell lawsuit beefhe U.S. Department of Agriculture has set for something to be labeled “beef.”
 
If only 35% is beef, what is the other 65% of the mystery meat made of? Well, water, soy lecithin, maltodextrin, and anti-dusting agent, of course!

Taco Bell’s website lists these ingredients for their seasoned ground beef, in addition to yeast extract, caramel color, and silicon dioxide. Unfortunately, the website fails to mention just how much of their product is actually beef.

Allegedly, Taco Bell uses the term “taco meat filling” within the company, including on the containers shipped to its various locations, while in advertising and to the public it’s known as “beef.”
 
The class action lawsuit is still awaiting trial.

-

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink

PLEASE NOTE: All information presented on Newsmax.com is for informational purposes only. It is not specific medical advice for any individual. All answers to reader questions are provided for informational purposes only. All information presented on our websites should not be construed as medical consultation or instruction. You should take no action solely on the basis of this publication’s contents. Readers are advised to consult a health professional about any issue regarding their health and well-being. While the information found on our websites is believed to be sensible and accurate based on the author’s best judgment, readers who fail to seek counsel from appropriate health professionals assume risk of any potential ill effects. The opinions expressed in Newsmaxhealth.com and Newsmax.com do not necessarily reflect those of Newsmax Media. Please note that this advice is generic and not specific to any individual. You should consult with your doctor before undertaking any medical or nutritional course of action.

Keeping you up to speed on Lifestyle, health, and money-saving tips
 
 
Get me on Fast Features
Keeping you up to speed on Lifestyle, health, and money-saving tips
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Follow Newsmax
Top Stories

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved