If you're married and thinking, "Where did the romance go?" -- try these tips to take things from humdrum to hot.
1. Start by putting the spice back in yourself. Get a smart new haircut, a facial, or a massage.
2. Get back into shape. Join a gym, go cycling, jog, or take up yoga. Getting fit will also do wonders for your skin, elevate your mood, and increase your sexual energy level.
3. Join a dance class together. Moving around the dance floor is guaranteed to add some steam to your lives.
4. Build up the sex factor. Shop for sexy clothes and lingerie. Choose something your partner likes looking at. Men can wear a silk robe with nothing underneath or a pair of silk boxers. Or a new cologne or aftershave. Also, try something new in the bedroom. Don’t let sex become a chore.
5. Go on a second honeymoon. Take time out from your busy schedules and kids to get away together. And be sure to choose someplace romantic.
6. Show you care. Come home from work earlier than usual. Devote more time to your partner. Do things for each other. Give your spouse a massage after a tiring day, do the laundry, or cook dinner.
7. Date again, but with a twist. Break out of your known comfort zones. Try something different and fun. How about an evening at an amusement park or a carnival? Follow it up with dinner from the hot dog stand. Or go on a picnic at the park.
8. Indulge in some "me" time. It’s great to spend quality time together, but it’s not good to do it all the time. Schedule some "me" time apart — take up a hobby, hang out with friends. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, after all. And it’s good to be unavailable sometimes.
9. Break the routine. Keep the romance alive with the element of surprise. Here are some suggestions: make a candlelight dinner for two, leave notes around the house, wash your partner's hair.
10. Increase the touch factor. Studies have shown that touch increases happiness and contentment levels. Create a private intimate atmosphere with a gentle touch, lingering eye contact, a private smile, and quick hugs.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.