Bulimia, which manifests itself in binging and purging, usually affects adolescent girls, and women in their twenties, although all individuals can be susceptible to this disorder.
Patients suffering from bulimia make up for excessive eating by vomiting, fasting, misusing laxatives, diuretics, or enemas, or exercising excessively.
Ginger is a common and effective alternative medication prescribed for the treatment of bulimia symptoms. Many digestive and anti-nausea dietary supplements, comprised of ginger extract, ginger tea, fresh or dried ginger root, can be used in the natural treatment of bulimia.
The following herbs and plants are among the best natural supplements for the treatment of bulimia:
1. St. John’s wort with valerian root relieves anxiety, and helps control emotional eating.
2. Nettle is a traditional remedy for cellulite. It also eliminates extra water from the body, and stimulates blood circulation.
3. Ginseng acts as an energy booster.
4.Dandelion root improves liver function and the metabolism of fat. The leaf is a natural diuretic, and is rich in trace minerals, especially potassium.
5. Alfalfa is rich in nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. It also contains enzymes that help digestion.
6.Gymnema, fennel Seed, cinnamon, and flaxseed oil help curb food cravings.
7. Ginger stimulates circulation, improves digestion, and serves as an energy booster. Ginger is used in Asian medicine to treat stomach aches, flatulence, and diarrhea. Natural sources of ginger are fresh, or dried ginger root. Ginger tea, ginger ale, and ginger beer are popular and easily-available sources of ginger. Tablets, capsules, tinctures, and oils with ginger extracts are other commercial sources of ginger. Ginger bread, ginger snaps, and ginger sticks are some of the best edible sources of ginger.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.