Hey, guys, if you're having trouble sleeping, here are five simple tips that will help you get a good night's sleep:
1) Exercise: Studies show that those who work out sleep better than those who don’t. Intense levels of exercise, such as swimming, going to the gym, etc., tire you out and ensure a good night's sleep. But make sure there’s a gap of at least three to four hours between your exercise routine and bedtime.
2) Keep it clean: Research shows that clean surroundings, a comfortable mattress, and crisp sheets help you snooze peacefully. Avoid soft mattresses – they can cause back and neck problems. And keep the windows open for good ventilation. A stuffy room can lead to breathing and sleep problems.
3) Steer clear of smoking and drinking: The most common factors in sleep-deprivation for men are smoking (or consuming anything with a high nicotine content) and alcohol.
4) Good sex: While women like to cuddle or talk after sex, men like to doze off. That’s because sex helps them relax. Also, the act of sex and reaching orgasm release feel-good endorphins that lead to a sense of
well-being and peace.
5) Read. On a lighter note, if any of the above methods do not work, try reading. It might just result in the perfect sleep you have been longing for.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.