Seattle is considered to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. It is also one of the most important seaports on the Pacific Rim. Surrounded by mountains and lakes, Seattle offers scenic locations and attractions for tourists who throng to the city. Its location makes it a hot spot for vacations. Seattle offers breathtaking views of mountains, glaciers, and waterfalls. The city also has some of the best museums. Outdoor activities are very popular including hiking to the Cascade Mountains, the Olympics, and strolling in the various parks.
Here is a list of the top five locations and attractions in Seattle:
- Space Needle: The Space Needle is one of the main tourist attractions in Seattle. The Space Needle is to Seattle what the Statue of Liberty is to New York. It offers the best view of the city from a height of over 600 feet.
- Farmer’s Market: This is one of the most popular tourist haunts in Seattle. This place is not your regular farmer’s market. The farmer's market brings together fresh agricultural produce, street musicians, arts, and crafts.
- Ferries: Ferries are central to Seattle. If you are in Seattle, your trip is incomplete without taking a customary ferry ride. Though it is a common mode of transport for many people in Seattle, it is also a great attraction for tourists. Ferry rides offer you some of the best views of the city skyline.
- Water Front: Another location that is a must see in Seattle is the Water Front. The area offers tourists a host of new activities to indulge in. You can shop at some of the swanky boutiques or plan a dinner at a hip restaurant here.
- Olympic National Park: If you want to steer clear of the crowd, head to the Olympic National Park. The park has many activities like hiking that can offer you a wonderful experience. Contemporary and modern sculptures by regional, national, and international artists at the Olympic Sculpture Park are worth a look. The park also offers a view of the Olympic Mountains.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.