Most students in New Hampshire usually spend a majority of their time in high school looking for scholarships that can enable them to finance their post secondary education. Keeping this in mind, a number of institutions in New Hampshire offer scholarships aimed at retaining and educating students in the colleges and universities of New Hampshire.
A majority of the scholarships in New Hampshire, including the New Hampshire Incentive Program, are administered by the New Hampshire Postsecondary Education Commission. These scholarships may be need-based or merit-based. Some of the need-based scholarships are also offered to students who want to attend a participating college in one of the neighboring states.
Five of the best scholarships for New Hampshire residents are listed below.
1. The Marion J. Bagley Scholarship for New Hampshire Residents: This scholarship is available for residents of New Hampshire who are in their senior year of an accredited high school and want to attend an institution of higher learning to gain postsecondary education. This New Hampshire state scholarship awards up to $1,000 and is administered by the New Hampshire Postsecondary Education Commission.
2. The New Hampshire Food Industries Education Foundation Scholarships: This scholarship is aimed at providing high school seniors and students in any year of college a chance to continue their education with adequate funding from the state. In order to be eligible for this scholarship, students must be dependent child of a full-time employee of firms that are associated with the NH Grocers Association.
3. Workforce Incentive Program: This scholarship for residents of New Hampshire offers educational loans at low rates and other forgivable loans to students who would like to continue their higher education in areas suffering from shortages in workforce, like special education, nursing, and general sciences. The students must provide proof of their financial need, as this is a need-based incentive program.
4. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): This is one of the best scholarship options for residents of New Hampshire and is granted by the U.S. Government to New Hampshire residents who exhibit strong academic qualifications but have a low combined family income and cannot afford postsecondary education at New Hampshire universities and colleges.
5. New Hampshire Leveraged Incentive Grant Program: This college scholarship is offered to sophomores, juniors, and seniors studying in accredited New Hampshire high schools. The scholarship amounts range from $250 to $7,500 and solely depend on merit and need, which are evaluated by the high school counselor.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.