Europe, rich in culture and history, is full of romantic getaways. So, if you are planning to take a break, check out some of these romantic getaways:
1. Les Baux, Provence, France: It is considered one of the most picturesque villages in all of France. Set among the rocks in the Alpilles Mountains, Les Baux is in the region of Provence. It boasts royal history, spectacular ruins, and a stunning countryside.
2. Positano, Italy: Located on the Amalfi coast, Positano is one of Italy's most luxurious and romantic getaways. The town, built vertically on the face of a cliff, still retains its old fishing village charm. While its pastel colored houses and flowers make it very picturesque, its many stairs make it largely a pedestrian town.
3. Santorini, Cyclades Islands, Greece: Located in the Cyclades islands in the middle of the Greek Islands of the Aegean Sea, the island of Santorini is a picture perfect romantic getaway. Breathtaking volcanic cliffs and gorgeous white-washed buildings make the 4,000-year-old Santorini a truly stunning place.
4. Granada, Andalucia, Spain: In the prehistoric period, the native tribes first settled here calling it Ilbyr. After Romans colonized southern Spain, they built their own city here and called it Illibris. When Arabs invaded the peninsula in the 8th century, they gave it its current name of Granada. Today, this romantic European getaway combines world-class sights with a sultry Andalucian culture while retaining its old world romance.
5. Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic: Cesky Krumlov in the South of the Czech Republic is centered around a castle. Often considered one of Eastern Europe’s best kept secrets when it comes to romantic getaways, Cesky Krumlov is best known for the fine architecture and art of the historic old town.
6. Bruges, Belgium: A romantic getaway full of spires, canals, and piazzas, Bruges stands out as an outstanding example of a historic, medieval settlement. If you are lucky with the weather, a stroll through the tiny medieval streets can be an enchanting experience.
7. Amsterdam, Holland: The capital and the largest city in the Netherlands has simple pleasures in the strolls around the canals and back streets. You also can take a canal cruise, check out the city's famous museums, or rent bicycles and explore the city.
8. Rome, Italy: Very few cities can compete with Rome when it comes to romance. Couples visiting here can pack their days with tours of ancient ruins, great food, good weather, famous museums, galleries, and landmarks, or can simply enjoy strolling hand-in-hand around the city. Don’t forget to make a wish at the famous Trevi Fountain and take a peek inside the Colosseum.
9. Venice, Italy: Venice is spread across 118 islands in a lagoon along the Adriatic coast. The city boasts some of the most beautiful buildings in the world and has more than 150 canals. You can take a tour of the grand Doge's Palace, discover an atmospheric restaurant off the beaten track, or take a Gondola cruise at sunset.
10. Paris, France: With stunning architecture, superb museums, vibrant clubs, and world-class galleries, Paris simply is perfect for romance.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.