If you are looking for an exciting holiday destination, Philadelphia is a great choice. Sightseeing in Philadelphia certainly promises to be an exciting affair.
The list of things to do in Philadelphia is endless. So, if you are planning a short vacation to Philadelphia, here’s a list of five great attractions that you may want to consider seeing:
- The Liberty Bell: Ranking high on the list of Philadelphia tourist attractions is the 2,000 pound Liberty Bell, located between 5th and 6th Market street. A symbol of democracy and freedom, the present day bell was cast in 1753 after the original bell cracked. This monument is open year round and provides an interesting lesson in American history.
- The Philadelphia Museum located at Independence National Park: The Declaration of Independence was signed and the Constitution of the United States was written at Independence Hall in Philadelphia. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to see the original copy of the Constitution!
- The Philadelphia Museum of Art: From Van Gogh to Monet, Degas, and Manet, the Philadelphia Museum of Art is a must visit for art lovers interested in paintings from the Impressionist era. For non-art lovers, the beautiful setting and the impressive structure of this amazing Philadelphia tourist attraction, especially the stairs that became famous after the movie “Rocky” was released, make it a worth-while visit.
- The Philadelphia Zoo: If you are travelling with kids, then the Philadelphia Zoo, which became public in 1874, is a must visit. Home to more than 2,000 different species, the zoo houses a reptile and amphibian house, an aviary, a primate reserve, and a “Carnivore Kingdom.” Wrap up your sightseeing at the zoo with a hot-air balloon ride that takes you to a height of about 400 feet and gives you a panoramic view of the entire city.
- The Reading Terminal Market: If you are a foodie who wishes to taste some freshly made Philadelphian cuisine, then the Reading Terminal Market, a world renowned farmer’s market, is the place for you.
A trip to Philadelphia can serve as a lesson in American history while being loads of fun. So go ahead and plan your visit to Philly today!
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.