Peppermint, a perennial plant, yields peppermint oil, which contains high amounts of useful minerals such as manganese, potassium, and copper, plus a high concentration of vitamins C and A. These minerals and vitamins help treat a variety of disorders, listed below:
1. Oral hygiene: Due to its anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties, peppermint oil is highly effective in preventing gum diseases and maintaining healthy, white teeth.
2. Skin conditions: The oil can help various skin conditions through its anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties. It can help treat eczema, burns, cuts, and various other skin problems. The menthol present in the peppermint helps relieve and reduce skin inflammation as well as acne.
3. Boosting the immune system: Peppermint oil improves the functioning of the immune system. Its antioxidants, like vitamin C, prevent the generation of free radicals.
4. Digestion: Peppermint oil deficiency has been known to cause a host of digestive disorders and illnesses. The menthol in the oil helps soothe stomach muscles, aiding digestion and keeping the urinary tract free of infections. It can help treat irritable bowel syndrome, excessive gas, heartburn, congestion, and other stomach problems.
5. Respiratory conditions: The oil also is known to be helpful in relieving symptoms such as sore throat, stomach illnesses, and severe bronchitis. The peppermint oil, which is full of vitamin A and C, improves the functioning of the lungs. It can be also used as a natural vaporizer for patients suffering from asthma.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.