Pennsylvania has a lot to offer resident students graduating from high school. It has some excellent schools and colleges that are highly reputed. Many types of scholarships are offered that residents can take advantage of. These college and university scholarships help students pay their tuition fees and excel in the field of their choice. Here are some of the best scholarships for Pennsylvania residents:
- The Sue Wiseman Scholarship is a college scholarship for students who are environmentally conscious. Students must be between 16 and 21 years old and be involved in an environment-related project such as recycling, preventing illegal dumping, eliminating littering, and proper waste disposal. The project needs to be at a good stage of progress or finished for the student to be eligible. The scholarship money is disbursed only one-time and awards are around $1,000.
- Pennsylvania state scholarships provide aid to students pursuing technology- and science-related fields. The New Economy Technology Scholarship is one such scholarship that benefits Pennsylvania residents 18 years and older. First-time students applying for Pennsylvania resident scholarships like these need to fill out an application that has to be downloaded from the Internet.
- Post-Secondary Educational Gratuity Program is a special scholarship in Pennsylvania that benefits children of police officers, firefighters, emergency personnel, National Guards, or corrections facility workers who have died on the job in the year 1976 or after. These scholarships now include military personnel who died while on duty on or after September 11th. Sheriffs are also on this list. Based on the university scholarship stipulations, students receive room and board as well as a tuition waiver.
- The Kids’ Chance Pennsylvania scholarship is awarded to students on an annual basis who require financial aid. These scholarships are offered to students whose parent has suffered severe injury during work. To be eligible for this scholarship, the student has to be between 16 and 25 years of age and also must have received acceptance at a post-secondary institution.
- The Pennsylvania House of Representatives Scholarship Program is another scholarship program in Pennsylvania. Of course, students have to meet certain criteria to be eligible for this scholarship, which includes high GPA scores, financial need, and involvement in extracurricular activities.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.