Some people who are otherwise used to listening to older songs are quick to brand new songs as “weird songs” or “weird music.” You might agree, or think otherwise, but one thing that you cannot deny is that some new songs actually are pretty weird. When music started to deviate from the traditional, there were, and still are, some artists who preferred to give to the world some highly unconventional music. These could have been weird or unusual song lyrics or could be weird music songs with some “shocking” or “rarely used” words. Either ways, new songs can generally be weird, especially to those who are used to the older ones.
Curious about what possibly could be “new songs” or “songs” that are weird? Well, wonder no more. Here, you will find a list of 5 of the all-time weird songs, which have unusual song lyrics as well as weird music. A word of warning though, listening to these might just make you lose your appetite, or even worsen your sleep!
- "Poop Ship Destroyer" - Ween: With a weird music title and lyrics that are almost unintelligible. For a very good reason, this song did not make it to the Billboard Top 40 but still has quite a cult following. The vocals are basically about ahem, poop ship destroyer, and the music is very Seasame Street type. Throw all these things together and you have a very weird song.
- "Rehearsing My Choir" - The Fiery Furnaces: This is a song inspired by a real life incident. You may ask, “What is so weird about that?” Well, we'll tell you. The song lyrics were inspired by the ordeal of The Fiery Furnaces' grandmother fighting to not be replaced as her Church's choir director. Although this song is in tune with the band's general scheme of things, it is one of the weird songs of the world because no one sings about their grandmother fighting to not be replaced.
- "Where is the Line?" - Bjork: Yes, this is a pretty popular number, but there is no reason why it shouldn't make our list of all-time weird songs with song lyrics and song music that can very well irritate you and keep you awake at night. It seems like the lady is singing a melody that she is making up as she goes, and the bass isn't helping either!
- "Squeeze Me Macaroni" - Mr. Bungle: The song title plus Mr. Bungle with his record of offering the unusual, enough said! Just to be a little more explanatory, trying to figure out why "Squeeze Me Macaroni" is weird enough. We don't know what it means and we are not even sure whether we want to know it ever! Let's just keep it safe and say that this is one of the masters of the weird songs and song lyrics universe.
- "Cows With Guns" - Dana Lyons: If the title alone made you go "excuse me?" wait till you listen to the whole song. It does have a quite a cult following, but then again so do songs like "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" and "Rock Lobster." We just cannot explain anymore. Please check YouTube for further information and explanations.
So, there you have it, 5 weirdest songs. Not all of these are new songs, in fact, hardly any of them is, but these are all unique in one way or the other. While some have weird song lyrics; others are music songs with unusual lyrics. There is, however, one undeniable fact, namely, all these songs are fun. You can always turn to YouTube or get a CD of these songs to enjoy them. Just be careful: these might just be too weird for some to handle.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.