New York scholarships are administered by the New York Higher Education Services Corporation and are issued depending on a number of criteria. Students can receive these scholarships based on their merit and need.
Here’s a list of the five best scholarships and grants for residents of New York:
1. One scholarship you can consider applying for is the New York Lottery Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship. Some of the proceedes from the state lottery program are used to fund this scholarship. The scholarship is community and merit based. This is one of the best scholarships for students in New York. It provides one student from each state public high school in New York with tuition every academic year. Students can choose to go to either a state college or university in New York.
2. The New York State World Trade Center Memorial Scholarship is a special scholarship that helps those children who lost their guardians or parents in the 9/11 attack. Children whose parents were disabled or wounded in the attack are also eligible for this scholarship program. The scholarship funds the complete cost of tuition at a public institution in New York. Another such program is the New York State Memorial Scholarship for the children of public safety personnel who were disabled, injured, or killed while on duty.
3. The New York Women in Communications Foundation gives scholarships to women in New York. Eligibility is based on need, merit, and level of involvement in the field of communication.
4. Aid for Part-Time Studies is one of the best scholarships for residents of New York looking for a part-time or nontraditional program. This scholarship is especially good for students who have child dependents. Eligible students can get up to $50,000 a year and will also be eligible for $2,000 financial assistance during each academic year.
5. The New York State Scholarships for Academic Excellence provides scholarships to talented students who have high test scores. Students can receive up to $1,500 towards the cost of tuition.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.