Nebraska has become well known for its promotion of higher education by providing a number of scholarships and financial aid to Nebraska residents who intend to stay and attend a college or a university within the state. These scholarships are offered by the state and independent institutions to students attending a university, college, or technical/vocational school.
Scholarships are provided to students from different backgrounds on the basis of merit, needs, or educational pursuits. The only criteria for being selected for these scholarships is that the applicant should be a resident of Nebraska and should be willing to go to one of the colleges, universities, or technical/vocational centers in Nebraska.
Some of the best scholarships are:
- Nebraska Broadcasters Association Foundation: This is one of the best scholarships for students in Nebraska, which is granted to students who wish to pursue their post-secondary education in broadcasting-related programs at public or private institutions or colleges. This Nebraska scholarship offers two $1,500 grants to two students every year who meet the selection criteria. The criteria is that the students must be specializing in communications, broadcasting, or a related field at a public or a private college in Nebraska, and must have attended High School in Nebraska. The Applicants must also have planned a career in radio or media.
- Scott Mecham BBB Student of Integrity Award: The Foundation of the Better Business Bureau sponsored Nebraska scholarship is awarded in Nebraska, southwest Iowa, and South Dakota. This Scholarship is offered to three students who live in the areas that are served by the Foundation of the Better Business Bureau. The scholarship was established in the memory of Mr. Mecham, who was the president of Mecham since 1991, and is offered to students who want to pursue their higher secondary education in the particular regions.
- AQHF Nursing Scholarship: This is one of the Nebraska Nursing Scholarships that is offered to Nebraska students who would like to pursue higher secondary education in the field of nursing. The AQHF Nursing Scholarship offers $2,500 per year for a minimum of four years. For this Nebraska scholarship, the minimum GPA that a student is expected to maintain is a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. In addition, the student must also be a full-time student of nursing to receive this award.
- Nebraska Quarter Horse Youth Scholarship: This is one of the best Nebraska Resident Freshman Scholarships awarded to Nebraska students. It offers $2,000 to AQHYA members who receive $500 per year for a degree plan that may expand up to four years.
- Nebraska Library Association Louise A. Nixon Scholarship: One of the best scholarships for residents of Nebraska, it is awarded to graduate students pursuing library education in the state of Nebraska.
Most of these Nebraska scholarships are merit–based ones. But they also consider other factors such as need and other non-academic qualifications.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.