Multiple sclerosis is a disease of the nervous system that affects the brain and spinal cord. It damages the myelin sheath of the nerve cells and this, in turn, blocks messages between the brain and the body. The disease generally occurs between the age of 20 and 40.
The symptoms of multiple sclerosis include visual disturbances, muscle weakness, cognitive, and memory problems. The patient may also suffer from abnormal sensations like numbness and pricking.
The guidelines for the treatment of multiple sclerosis help physicians make appropriate clinical decisions. Clinical decisions are made regarding the use of disease-modifying agents. Multiple sclerosis treatment guidelines are set to consider the clinical utility of disease-modifying agents and include anti-inflammatory, immune-modulatory and immunosuppressive treatments.
Natural treatment for multiple sclerosis aims to reduce inflammation and is based on the diet and lifestyle. Natural treatment for this disease requires consistency.
Natural Supplements for multiple sclerosis include:
1.Vitamin E and other antioxidants like vitamin A, beta carotene, and vitamin C. These supplements are strong nerve protectors. Vitamin D may also help treat multiple sclerosis.
2. Manganese combined with vitamin B enhances nerve impulses and alleviates muscle weakness. Magnesium and calcium help sooth muscle spasms and can be used as a natural treatment for multiple sclerosis.
3. Cod-liver oil
4. Flaxseed and evening primrose oil
5. Borage oil and black currant oil
6. Amino acids also help treat this disease. They can either be injected or taken as tablets.
7. Omega-3 combined with multivitamins and mineral supplements can be taken daily.
8. Curcumin, a compound in turmeric, and garlic are used as natural supplements for multiple sclerosis.
9.Herbal medicines (Bushen Gusui) and medical cannabis are used to reduce pain.
10. Another natural treatment of multiple sclerosis is the Swank diet.
Other natural treatments for multiple sclerosis include proteolytic enzyme supplementation and EAP supplementation therapy.
Bee venom or apitherapy is a widely used natural treatment for multiple sclerosis. It reduces the symptoms of fatigue, spasm, and instability. Careful monitoring by a doctor is a must.
The therapeutic practices of tai chi and yoga helps mitigate fatigue. Exercise maintains flexibility and muscle control. Swimming, walking, and bicycling are commonly advised for patients afflicted with multiple sclerosis.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.