Montana is known for its mountain ranges, rivers, and scenic beauty. The state also boasts of numerous educational opportunities at its colleges and universities.
Montana State University awards millions of dollars in scholarships for Montana residents and waiver awards. Students are selected for scholarships on the basis of their academic record, financial need, group affiliation, or a combination of these factors. In addition, a number of other scholarships for Montana residents are also available for those wanting to pursue higher education.
Here is a list of the five best scholarships for Montana residents:
1. The Freshman Scholarships and Awards, granted by Montana State University (MSU), is among the best scholarships for residents of Montana. Every year, MSU offers scholarships and awards to new freshmen. There are Non-Resident Freshman Achievement Awards of up to $60,000 and Resident Freshman Premier Scholarships of up to $10,000. There are also the MSU Distinction Awards for new, nonresident freshmen.
2. A number of scholarships for Montana residents are awarded by the Montana University System under the Montana Guaranteed Student Loan Program (MGSLP). This program is monitored by the Commissioner of Higher Education and includes MUS Honor Scholarships, Honor Scholarship for National Merit Scholarship Semi-Finalists, and Community College Honor Scholarships. Details about these scholarships can be found on the website of MGSLP.
3. Another one of the best scholarships for students is the Presidential Scholarship. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement and personal qualities of the students. This Montana scholarship program is among the most prestigious and offers a generous merit grant to outstanding students.
4. Governor's Best and Brightest Scholarship Program: These scholarships are available to Montana residents for studying in the state's higher education institutions and tribal colleges. The scholarships are aimed at encouraging Montana residents to stay in-state after their graduation. There are three broad categories of the Governor's Best and Brightest Scholarship Program; the High School Merit Scholarships, Merit-at-Large Scholarships, and Need-Based Scholarships.
5. Montana Cattlewomen Scholarship: A sum of $1,000 is awarded to each eligible Montana resident studying in a university or college in the state. Candidates are given preference whose major is related to a field beneficial for the livestock industry.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.