Students who are living in Missouri have several options for scholarships to help reduce the enormous cost that is involved in attending college.
Among the many scholarships available, the five best scholarships for residents of Missouri, in terms of the financial aid package provided, are listed below:
1) Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps (NROTC) Scholarship: The NROTC Scholarship covers almost all costs related to admission to Columbia University including tuition, books, uniforms, and subsistence. However, the other offer, the NROTC College Program, does not provide full tuition fees, but covers the other college costs. The eligibility requirements for both NROTC offers are a high school GPA of at least 2.3 and a college GPA of 2.0 and above.
2) The Chancellor's Scholarship: This is purely a merit-based scholarship that is extremely competitive and offered to graduates who are in the top 10% of their high school class. Students generally receive up to $12,000 and are required to maintain a GPA of at least 3.25.
3) The Missouri College Guarantee Scholarship: This scholarship provides around $6, 200 to Missouri residents. However, students must have a high school GPA of 2.5 or above and an ACT score of over 20.
4) The Missouri College Guarantee Program: This is a scholarship available to all Missouri residents. It is a must that the participants be full-time students and have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and should have also participated in extracurricular activities. The scholarship is available only to U.S. citizens. The scholarship amount can range anywhere from $100 to $4,900.
5) Missouri Minority Teaching Scholarship Program: This Missouri scholarship is ideal for those students whose ethnic background is Native American, African, Hispanic, or Asian and who are Missouri residents. A scholarship aid package of about $3,000 is available. To be eligible, the student must be listed in the top 25% of their graduating high school class with and SAT or ACT score in the 75th percentile.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.