If you are a resident of Mississippi and looking to stay in the state to study further, there are various scholarships that you can choose from and apply for including:
1. Critical Needs Teacher Loan/Scholarship: The Critical Needs Teacher Loan is one of the most sought after Mississippi scholarships. Under this scholarship for residents of Mississippi, varied amounts are awarded every year to one junior or senior undergraduate. The student should be majoring in education or psychology.
2. Higher Education Legislative Plan: The scholarship known as HELP aids students who want to earn a degree from the University of Mississippi. Varied amounts are awarded every year to one freshmen or sophomore undergraduate attending a state college.
3. Marc Undergraduate Student Training in Academic Research U*Star Awards:
This is one of the most prestigious scholarships. Up to $11,232 is awarded each year to various minority junior and senior undergraduates and graduate students. This scholarship is for students looking to get a degree from the University of Mississippi.
4. Nursing Education Loan/Scholarship-BSN: The nursing education loan is meant for students attending the state college and majoring in nursing. An amount of $4,000 to $8,000 is awarded to various students.
5. Mississippi Press Association Education Foundation Scholarship: For students majoring in journalism, the Mississippi scholarship awards them $1,000 every year.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.