There are some Minnesota scholarships offered by the state and some by nongovernment bodies. Minnesota scholarships and financial aid include college grants and student loans. Specific scholarships for Minnesota residents are awarded by businesses and individuals, covering expenses like tuition fees, dormitory costs, relocation expenses, etc.
Minnesota state scholarships are centered on the aim of retaining potentially valuable human resources – talented students among Minnesota residents - and are administered by the State div
ision of higher education. These Minnesota state scholarships target senior and junior high school students.
Here are five examples:
- The Presidential Freedom Scholarships are for students who actively participate in various services that promote the welfare of the community. This scholarship supports students pursuing college education by providing funds with a maximum value of $1,000 on an annual basis. This scholarship is regarded as one of the best Minnesota scholarships offered by the state.
- The Minnesota Academic Excellence Scholarship targets a large percentage of students who demonstrate outstanding ability, achievement, and innate potential in one of various subjects including English, fine arts, foreign language, math, science, and social science. Students who are enrolled in one of the public or private Minnesota colleges and universities are eligible to receive these renewable scholarships.
- Minnesota Indian Scholarships are for residents of Minnesota who are American Indians. These scholarships pay higher education tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in a Minnesota university or college.
- White Earth Scholarship Program is one of the best Minnesota scholarships for residents. This scholarships is available to members of the White Earth Band of Chippewa. Eligible students, without any student loans, can avail this scholarship for supporting the cost of post-secondary education for two years and are enrolled in a degree or a diploma program lasting for at least two years.
- Upromise Scholarship: Upromise is a missionary trust that allows families to save money for future educational pursuits and automatically save money for college while making grocery and drug purchases or while visiting gas stations and restaurants. Some of the working partners contributing to this funding agency include: Citi, Coco-Cola, ExxonMobil Corporation, Kimberly-Clark, McDonald’s, and many others.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.