For students who are residents of Kentucky and want to attend a local college or university, there are various scholarships available. These scholarships aim to ensure that deserving and bright students do not have to give up on their education due to financial constraints. Scholarships are offered for students from every discipline at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
While there are many Kentucky scholarships, we have handpicked five of the best:
1. Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship: This is one of the most sought after and most common scholarships for Kentucky residents awarded on the basis of merit. Financial assistance through this program is provided to those students who maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5.
2. College Access Program: This is another sought-after Kentucky scholarship that aims to help students who are financially disadvantaged. Under the program, awards of about $2,000 are offered. Eligible students have to qualify by completing the FAFSA, and should pick a state college or a local public or private university.
3. Kentucky National Guard Tuition Award Program: This is one of the most prestigious scholarships available to Kentuclky residents. Every year, up to $3,312 is awarded to various undergraduates. Eligible students have to be members of the Kentucky Air National Guard.
4. Inter-County Energy Scholarship: One of the most common and generous Kentucky scholarships, the Inter-County Energy program awards up to $1,000 every year to six undergraduates who are residents of Kentucky. The scholarship is sponsored by Inter-County Energy Cooperative and has a deadline of April 5.
5. Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants College Scholarship: This scholarships for Kentucky residents is specifically for accounting majors. About $1,000 is awarded under the program to as many as three sophomore, junior, or senior undergrads enrolled in a Kentucky college.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.