There are several international scholarship programs offered by several colleges across the nation. The five best scholarships for foreign students as recommended on the website www.foreignborn.com are:
1. Scholarship Experts: www.Scholarshipexperts.com offers graduate, undergraduate, and high school level scholarships to international students in the form of fee waivers, tuition fee reduction, and stipends. Several senior study scholarships are also available here. One needs to submit the study information and foreign scholarship requirements online, and Scholarship Experts searches for the best international scholarship and provides all details with respect to the eligibility criteria, qualifying tests, other requirements, and the process of application and follow up.
2. Financial Aid for Undergraduate International Students at NAFSA: These international scholarships are aimed at undergraduate students who require study abroad scholarships. These have stringent eligibility criteria in terms of academic achievements, chosen subjects of study, enrollment for further education, and need for financial aid. Information about foreign scholarships and grants, the funding factors, sources, tax information, and financial aid information for foreign students is provided on the website www.nafsa.org.
3. International Education Financial Aid Website: This website is one of the best sources of advice on international scholarships or study abroad scholarships. This site contains a variety of information needed for students seeking international scholarships, like details about the grants, college scholarships, and foreign scholarships. One can search through a comprehensive list of grants and scholarships, as well as international student loan programs.
4. Rotary International Scholarships: Rotary's Ambassadorial scholarships are another scholarship for foreign students. The Rotary International Scholarships program is the oldest of all the scholarship programs and has been in effect since the 1940s. This program aims at improving international relationships among people of different nationalities. The program offers international scholarships for graduate and undergraduate studies. Scholarships for non-Canadians, study abroad scholarships, and many other types of foreign scholarships are offered through Rotary International.
5. U.S. Federal Government Financial Aid for Foreign Students: To receive federal aid (U.S. national government) for student financial aid programs, one must be an eligible citizen or non-citizen, must have a high school diploma, must be enrolled as a regular student and be registered for selective services. There are several other eligibility requirements for these study abroad scholarships offered by the U.S. federal government. By fulfilling these selection criteria, one can get several steps closer to living that American dream. However, if you are in the United States on an F1 or F2 student visa only, or on a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa only, you cannot obtain student financial aid from the U.S. federal government.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.