The state of Illinois has several educational organizations providing undergraduate, graduate, and higher educational courses, located at various locations across the state. The cost of college education is exorbitant and often many students and their parents find it hard to fund the cost of higher education beyond an associate degree.
Consequently, most students seeking higher education in Illinois seek sources of income or support to fund the high cost of continuing education. There are several scholarships for Illinois residents including:
· Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois: This scholarship, offered by Golden Apple Scholars program, is considered to be the top Illinois student scholarships for any student interested in teaching or seeking to take up education as a career option. This scholarship is apt at picking future educators or teachers and grooming them to be the best in the teaching profession. The facilities and support provided through Golden Apple Scholars is in the form of financial tuition assistance, teaching internships, paid summer workshops, sophomore year’s tuition assistance, and continued support and encouragement.
· The ComED/NLEI Latino Scholarship: This is a scholarship for Latino residents of Illinois. The areas of study that are given preference under this Illinois scholarship are math, engineering, chemistry, law or pre-law, communications and media relations, computer science, MBA, accounting, and liberal arts. This Illinois student scholarship has an award amount of up to five thousand dollars.
· Illinois CPA Society Herman J. Neal Scholarship: This is a popular Illinois scholarship for the benefit of the African American student community. This scholarship is aimed at students pursuing accounting education or a CPA degree. In order to be eligible for this Illinois scholarship under the Herman J Neal CPA society, a student needs to be an Illinois resident, enrolled at a local college or university, must demonstrate financial need, and must be an African American.
· Community Bankers Association of Illinois Annual Essay Scholarship Program: This Illinois scholarship is awarded to the top thirteen high school seniors every year.
· Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship-Illinois: This is one of the best scholarships for residents of Illionius graduating from high school. This Illinois student scholarship is awarded based on academic performance. This college scholarship can be renewed up to four years and is granted to students taking full time undergraduate two year or four year courses.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.