Two vaccines prevent infection from some types of HPV; Gardsil, marketed by Merck, and Cervarix, marketed by GlaxoSmithKline. Both protect against initial infection by HPV type 16 and 18, which cause most HPV associated cancers. Some natural remedies and supplements have also significantly helped with the treatment of HPV:
1) Rub vitamin E on the warts two to three times a day.
2) Apply aloe vera juice on the warts. Aloe Vera is a popular ingredient that softens the skin and improves the overall health and feel. It is important to note that these HPV treatments are for external use only.
3) Some individuals also get great results from applying apple cider vinegar to the warts; this helps dry the warts and fight infection.
4) Beta Carotene, a main nutrient found in carrots, can either be applied directly onto the skin or taken orally, either through food or through supplement form.
5) Castor oil can also go a long way toward speeding up the recovery process. The first treatment method utilizes Castor oil mixed with some baking soda to form a solution that is then applied directly to the warts, with the exception of genital warts. The second treatment involves castor oil being placed on the warts and then taping a slice of garlic over the warts and letting this stay overnight. The castor oil moisturizes the warts, while the acid in the garlic helps to dry out the warts. In the morning when the patient removes the bandage, the wart should fall right off.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.