Erectile dysfunction was almost unheard of fifty years ago. In the U.S., about 30 million men are suffering from erectile dysfunction symptoms, out of which only 17 % are older than 60. Alcoholism and drug abuse contribute to the problem along with depression and other psychological issues.
At different points throughout life, almost every adult male experiences symptoms of erectile dysfunction. This, however, is not a natural part of aging. More and more people exhibit symptoms of erectile dysfunction due to stressful lifestyles. Here are some key facts about the condition:
1. One of the most common symptoms of erectile dysfunction is trouble getting a proper erection. The penis muscles remain flaccid with no strength. Another common symptom is the inability to maintain the erection throughout sexual intercourse. This can be quite distressing to couples.
3. Desensitization of the penis to physical touch may be another symptom. This may be due to an underlying nervous system disorder.
4. Unusual hair pattern and unusual breast development may be additional symptoms of erectile dysfunction. These symptoms may be caused by an endocrine disorder.
5. Symptoms of erectile dysfunction generally become worse with age. Many health disorders like hypertension, obesity, and diabetes may aggravate the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
6. Treatment options are available that alleviate these symptoms. This condition is curable at any age. Treatments include lifestyle modifications, psychotherapy, acupuncture, natural supplements, vacuum devices, and surgery.
7. Yohambe, arginine, ginseng, and D.H.E.A. (dehydroepiandrosterone) are some effective supplements available for the amelioration of erectile dysfunction symptoms.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.