If you are looking forward to feeding your friends and family at Easter, here are some easy home cooking recipes you can try. Traditional Easter food can sometimes be difficult to prepare, so we bring you some home cooking recipes that are not only simple to prepare, but taste good too. These are traditional Easter foods and include Easter eggs and Easter chocolate recipes.
1. Chocolate Pudding: This is one of the easiest Easter Chocolate recipes that you could try your hand at. Vegetarian Easter recipes are very easy to follow. For this pudding you will require ½ cup soymilk, 4 to 8 oz of fat, firm tofu (reduced), and vanilla for additional flavor. Melt the chocolate with the soymilk (double boiler). Puree the tofu till it becomes smooth. Combine the melted soymilk and tofu and put in decorative bowls and chill.
2. Easter Eggs: You are going to love this Easter eggs recipe. Take a mixing bowl; cream about ¾ cup peanut butter and ¼ cup butter till it is blended well. Add 1 cup flaked coconut, ½ cup finely chopped walnuts, and 1 cup powdered sugar and make dough. Knead in sufficient sugar to make the dough maintain its shape when an egg is formed. Make small eggs, cover and chill for some time. Melt 2 cups chocolate chips and 2 T shortening in a double boiler; stir till smooth. Dip the eggs into the mixture and place them on wax paper. Chill the eggs. Your Easter eggs are sure to become a hit with everyone. Friends and relatives are going to ask you for your Easter cooking recipes.
3. Easter Carrot Cake: Everyone loves traditional Easter food. Especially when your list of Easter recipes includes something as delicious as the Easter carrot cake. For this you will need 220 g of self raising flour, 200 g brown sugar, 150 g corn oil, 300 g shredded carrots, 100 g walnuts, 50 g brown raisins, 4 slices pineapple (cubed), 4 eggs, and 1 teaspoon baking powder. Beat the eggs and brown sugar well. Now, add self-raising flour, corn oil, and baking powder. Beat till it is mixed well. Then, add the raisins, shredded carrot, pineapple, and walnut. Transfer this mixture into a pre-greased baking pan and bake well. Make sure that the oven is preheated for 40-45 minutes.
4. Sweet Potato Casserole: This sweet potato casserole recipe makes for some great traditional Easter food. It is simple to make. Take 2 pounds of sweet potatoes, 1/3 cup milk, 2 ounces butter, ¼ tsp cinnamon (ground), and pepper and salt to taste. Mash the potatoes well. Add the milk, butter and
cinnamon to it. Pour this mixture in a casserole and bake for about 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven.
5. Apple Pie: Here is another favorite among vegetarian Easter recipes. The traditional apple pie. Those who want to stay away from Easter chocolate recipes can try this. You need 9 inch a pastry shell that is chilled and unbaked, 1 cup sifted flour, ½ cup brown sugar firmly packed, 1/8 teaspoon salt, ½ cup soft butter, 6 cups cooking apples (peeled and sliced), ½ cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla ice cream, and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Mix together brown sugar, flour, butter, and salt until well crumbled. Combine granulated sugar, apples, and cinnamon so that the apple slices are well coated. Pack this into the chilled pastry shell and sprinkle with crumbled topping. Bake for about 50 min at 350 degrees. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.