Dysnomia is a human condition that affects memory. It is a language dysfunction characterized by the inability to name people and objects and interferes with the patient’s daily life.
Dysnomia impairs an individual's ability to succeed in speech and writing tasks. Dysnomics replace a word with synonyms in order to express their thoughts. Dysnomia can be a symptom of alcohol intoxication, low blood sugar, concussion, and electrolyte imbalance. Other causes of dysnomia disorder are nutritional deficiencies, hypothermia, and hypoxemia.
Aging has been found to be a natural cause of dysnomia disorder. Doctors recommend different treatments based on the cause of dysnomia. Dysnomia treatment is tailored to the needs of the individual patient. Various treatment strategies are used to cure dysnomia. These treatments include retrieval strategy instruction, brain storming, and self-advocacy instruction.
The following may be helpful in treating someone with dysnomia:
1.Speech therapy: Dysnomia caused by brain trauma is treated by a speech pathologist. Exercises are used to improve recall. Language therapy is advised to treat learning disabilities caused by dysnomia.
2. Semantic feature analysis: This is a strategy that helps reinforce vocabulary. It is used as a treatment for dysnomia disorder. It helps patients develop word association and facilitates word recall.
3. Circumlocution: This is a common strategy used to treat dysnomia disorder. It is the act of describing many features of objects, events, and persons, which makes recalling easier.
4. Medicines like Aricept, Reminyl, and Excelon have been found to be effective in curing dysnomia.
5. Fruits and vegetables. Those containing vitamin C and vitamin B 12 are recommended to be included in the diet. They help cure dysnomia to a considerable extent.
6. Family support is of utmost importance in treating learning disabilities caused by dysnomia.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.