Dermatitis is an inflammation of the upper layers of the skin. This results in itching, blisters, redness and swelling. It is often accompanied by oozing, scabbing, and scaling. Almost any rash, including psoriasis, skin cancer, and seborrhea, can be viewed as dermatitis based on this definition.
The top ten treatment centers for dermatitis are:
1. Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
2. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
3. Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
4. Cleveland Clinic
5. Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
6. New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
7. University of California, San Francisco Medical Center
8. Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University, St. Louis
9. Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
10. Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.