With the high cost of education, financial aid in the form of grants and scholarship programs are a life-saver for Delaware residents. Students can obtain a degree from a good institution with the help of Delaware scholarships.
Here is a list of some of the best Delaware scholarship programs available:
1. The Scholarship Incentive awards up to $2,500 to selected students. Graduates too can take advantage of this program, but the amount comes down to $1,200 per academic year. This Delaware scholarship is basically a need-based program and the people who provide it nominate the most deserving candidates.
2. The Student Excels Equivalent Degree program, or SEED, is based on both merit and need. Students applying for this Delaware scholarship should have good grades and test scores. Also, the applicants must be enrolled in a state technical or community college.
3. The Diamond State Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that is made available to students. The award for the scholarship is $1,200 per academic year.
4. The Legislative Essay Scholarship requires students to participate in an essay competition. The aid granted under this scholarship is meant for students heading for a four-year college program at the University of Delaware. The award can range from $1,000 to $10,000.
5. The Christa McAuliffe Teacher Scholarship loan is for those who are undergraduates and are attending colleges in the state. The award money comprising a sum of $1,000 to $5,000 is given to up to 60 students.
Renewable loans are also available for students pursuing graduate programs in Delaware. Community foundation scholarships and fellowship programs are also available.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.