Collecting coins has been one of the most popular hobbies for ages. Over time, this hobby has also developed into a good investment with impressive returns. This has made coin investing both an art collection as well as an investment.
Here are the top ten coin investing sources:
- One of the best coin investing sources, especially for beginners, is collecting coins from circulation. If you decide to quit coin investing, the coins collected from circulation can always be used.
- The Internet has offered many more sources for coin investing; various internet auction web sites allow you to collect coins for the purpose of coin investing.
- Antique coin shops can be another source for collecting coins for coin investing. However, coins are generally sold at a premium at these shops.
- A good deal on coins could be found at flea markets. However, it generally takes time to find coins worth investing in at these places.
- You can also get coins for investing from other coin collectors who might be willing to sell or exchange coins. You can find such collectors at various online forums.
- Collecting coins from various countries that you have travelled to is another good way of building up a coin investing portfolio. You can also ask your friends to collect coins for you from different countries.
- Specialist coin dealers are also among the best sources for coin investing because you will get expert advice from them.
- You can collect coins for coin investing from various events such as antique fairs and craft shows.
- Mail order or catalogue dealers also work in the sale and purchase of coins. However, you may not be able to review and check the veracity and quality of such coins. When dealing with such dealers, you should insist on a return policy.
- Besides auction sites, there are also specialist coin dealers and collectors operating directly through the Internet. However, be aware of unscrupulous dealers on the Internet. Dealing directly with collectors might expose you to a greater risk than dealing through established internet auction sites.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.