The best time to show-off your culinary skill is at Christmas and what better way to do so than by planning the perfect Christmas dinner? If you are a cooking novice, don’t fret. Here are some traditional Christmas foods you simply can’t go wrong with. Include these classics on the menu and impress your guests.
- Christmas turkey. Many classic Christmas turkey recipes are available online, or you could check with your friends for some easy recipes they may have. The history of Christmas foods can be quite intriguing; so make sure you find some recipes that have been handed down from generation-to-generation. If you are worried about preparing the perfect Christmas turkey, don’t panic. You can buy ready-to-cook turkeys that are available in stores. Your guests are going to be so busy enjoying themselves that they won’t even notice.
- Christmas pudding. Serving a pudding is a must at Christmas meals. Again, if you are not confident about your culinary skills, check out stores where you can buy the best Christmas pudding beforehand, and you will be fine. You can’t miss out on this important traditional Christmas food, can you?
- Christmas cookies. Follow an easy recipe and try involving your children when making them. You can talk to them about the history of Christmas foods and make the process more interesting. You could try mint cookies, gingerbread, or stained glass cookies.
- Beverages. Among beverages, eggnog is the best Christmas drink that you can try. You can also spice up Christmas with a punch made of spiced rum, wine, and fruit juice for adults. For children, a popular Christmas beverage is hot chocolate.
- Mexican foods also feature in the history of Christmas foods and are quite popular. Some Mexican Christmas foods you can try include chocolate caliente – a hot chocolate drink, buñeulos, - sweet fritters, and bacalao a la vizcaina – salted cod with accompaniments. Your family and friends are definitely going to love these festive dishes.
Celebrating Christmas involves serving some of the most festive foods. Choose from the list mentioned above and enjoy a fun-filled Christmas.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.