Need some new and interesting ideas for Christmas gifts for mom this year? Traditional gifts for mom include kitchen gadgets, perfume, or jewelry.
Perhaps this year you would like to move away from the tried and tested Christmas gift ideas and surprise your mom with something that she will love and find unexpected. Moms are usually presented with Christmas gifts that are practical or household-related gadgets.
This year, it’s time your Christmas present indulges your mother as a woman and not only as a wife, mother, or cook. This is the time you break open that piggy bank or the secret stash that you have been saving for yourself.
Here are some of the best Christmas gifts for moms:
1) What usually comes to mind when we talk about indulgence? A luxurious spa experience! If your mother has been one of those women who have always put everyone else in her life before herself, then this is a well-deserved gift that she will remember and be thankful for for a long time to come. It can be a once-in-a-lifetime experience with every luxury thrown in, or you can give her salon vouchers - one for every month of the year.
2) Is your mother a fitness buff or has she always wanted to get into a fitness routine and never had the time to get a gym membership? Well, this is your opportunity to go out and buy an annual gym membership for her. That is how your gift will be remembered and appreciated for a long time. Promising to accompany her at least once a month will make the gift extra special.
3) Does your mother do all the household work herself? If so, this Christmas give her a six to twelve month cleaning service, so that she will have much more time in the coming year to do all the things that she would love to but could never found time for. Besides which, it’s high time that she takes a break from all the cleaning and washing. If you live close by or are cash-strapped, then you could volunteer to do it once a week for the rest of the year. Isn’t that payback for all the time she has cleaned up after you?
4) Who has been doing all the cooking in the house forever? Well, it’s time that mom gets a break from the kitchen. Twelve to twenty-four restaurant gift vouchers will ensure that she gets to eat out every two to four weeks and gets to take along a friend of her choice. You will definitely be the topic of her lunch or dinner conversation.
5) Thinking of taking a vacation this year? Give your holiday package to your mom instead. This is one Christmas gift for your mom that will beat all the others. If you make it a joint gift with a sibling, it won’t be too expensive. It could be to some exotic destination that she has always wanted to visit.
All of the above ideas give you the opportunity to show your mother how much you appreciate her for all that she has done for you over the years. All of them give her the chance to have some time to herself. This Christmas, you will surely see your mom beaming.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.