“Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way; Oh Santa let me know about the best Christmas getaways!”
With carol singing time closing in, many people are searching the Internet for Christmas vacations in the U.S. Though many would say that your home is the perfect place for spending the Christmas holidays, some would disagree as Christmas holidays are the longest annual vacation that most of us get. Hence, we should make the most of it and search for Christmas vacation packages and tours in the U.S. that would allow us to spend quality family time on vacation.
Are you looking for the best Christmas vacations in the U.S. and interesting Christmas getaways for 2010? If so, here are some places you
could consider for Christmas travel:
1) Boston: The historic city of Boston is one of the best Christmas getaways if you want to spend your Christmas holidays in a postcard setting. Christmas decorations and the presence of thick sheets of snow add an extra glow to the historical sites and colonial buildings of Boston. While in Boston during the festive season, do not miss out on a great meal at Locke-Ober on Christmas Eve and enjoy “the nutcracker” by Boston Ballet held at the Opera House. You can also get into the Christmas spirit by attending candlelight carols and special first night celebrations at Trinity Church. Enjoy the coziness of New England hospitality and appreciate the old world charm by visiting Boston during your Christmas holidays.
2) Hawaii: Want to escape the snow and harsh winter? Then opt for a Hawaii Christmas package. There are numerous reasons to include Hawaii on the list of Christmas Getaways for 2010. There are many low-cost Christmas packages available for visitors to Hawaii during this time. Watch the joy on the face of your children when they greet Santa alighting out of his red canoe on Waikiki beach. Enjoy beach activities, good sea food, and a Christmas concert in Hawaii to make your Christmas holidays truly memorable.
3) Disneyland: Take advantage of special Disneyland Christmas packages and take your kids to the Mickey Mouse Christmas Eve magical party. It will make for an unforgettable Christmas holiday. If you select Disneyland in Florida as your Christmas getaway, you can enjoy the splendor of lights, candlelight processional, special parades, and hundreds of rides located on the Disneyland premises.
4) Bethlehem: Known as America’s Christmas city, this city in Pennsylvania is one of the best Christmas getaways. This historic city exudes a charm that rubs off on all visitors. Bethlehem is believed to have been founded on Christmas Eve in 1741, and to date, a festival is celebrated here with great pomp and show. Christkindlmarkt, which is a fun and food extravaganza, is the main reason why a large number of tourists visit this place during the Christmas holidays.
5) Polar Express Train Rides: A list of Christmas getaways wouldn't be complete without including Polar Express train rides, which are held at various places in the U.S. If you have small children in your family and want to give them a great gift this holiday season, take them on a one-hour-long Polar Express train ride that will strengthen their belief in Santa. All the famous characters from the Santa story will make an appearance during this train ride and you will be given hot chocolate and cookies en-route. Upon reaching the virtual North Pole, each child is provided with a silver sleigh souvenir.
Make this Christmas a memorable one by going on one of these Christmas tours in the U.S.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.