Cats can be great company for both children and adults. Domesticated cat breeds are social and friendly. The five best breeds for companionship are:
1. Abyssinian: These cats have elegant feline, muscular bodies with large ears and almond-shaped eyes. Abyssinian cats are extremely social and friendly. They love to be in the company of people, interacting with both adults and children. Loving and active, they do best in homes that have a lot of activity and people.
2. Turkish Angora: Originated in the Ankara region of Central Turkey, this is an elegant, fine-boned cat. Graceful and gracious, they make great company even when there are visitors. Extremely adaptable and loving, the Turkish Angora is an outgoing and assertive breed and a great cat for companionship.
3. Maine Coon: The Maine Coon is a Native American longhaired cat that is widely known for its loving and gentle nature and sweet looks. It is a highly intelligent cat that is good with children and dogs. Admired for its beauty and temperament, it is a sought after cat for companionship.
4. Ragdoll: The Ragdoll is an extremely playful and friendly cat that always stays around its owner. With its gentle and playful nature they can be trained to play fetching games. They are floor cats rather than jumpers. The Ragdoll with its large, laid back exterior and spell-binding blue eyes make one of the best cats for companionship.
5. Manx: Known for its rounded persona, the Manx is a very playful cat. They are energetic, active, and love human attention which makes them great cats for companionship.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.