While the world today is full of choices, a little planning and research can definitely help you get the best deal when buying car insurance. The car insurance sector is a very competitive one and most insurance companies offer attractive car insurance rates to suit your needs. Here are the top five ways you can get cheap car insurance:
1. THE PLAN: You can look for a standard plan with additional coverage that may cost you less. Comprehensive coverage may look expensive, but it may be worth your while. Figure out what will be better for you and your car.
2. LOOK AROUND: Research, ask around, and check for local and national auto loan rates. It is easy to get these if you go online. There are innumerable web sites that give you clear information on car insurance quotes. Get quotes from multiple companies, find out about limits, restrictions, and any additional fees. Insurance can even be purchased online through some car insurance companies.
3. DISCOUNTS: Inquire about discounts that you may qualify for. Driving class, no accident records, or no parking tickets for at least three years may get you a decent discount on your car insurance quote. Installing advanced safety devices such as car-locks or anti-theft alarms can also help you get cheaper car insurance. Belonging to certain professional or membership social organizations might also help you obtain lower rates. Driving less than the stipulated miles per year can also be considered as a qualifier to lower your car insurance rates.
4. GET MULTIPLE POLICIES: Many insurance companies offer a range of policies covering home, commercial, and auto insurance. Securing multiple policies from one company can help you get deeper discounts. If you buy both auto and commercial insurance from a single insurance company, you may get discounts up to 15 percent. This rate may vary from company to company and depends on your own bargaining prowess. It may also be the best way to save time and energy.
5. KEEP YOUR RECORD CLEAN: Your driving record is the major influencing factor in securing cheap car insurance. Accidents and parking tickets can inflate your vehicle insurance rates from 20 to 40 percent. However, if you have a safe driving record for three years or more, you may get discounts of up to 10 percent on the initial car insurance quote.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.