California is one of the most beautiful places in the world, with weather that is conducive for travel anytime of the year. The city of San Francisco has several tourist attractions and draws tourists from across the globe.
Here are the top five attractions in California:
1. The Golden Gate Bridge: This is a suspension bridge located on the San Francisco bay and is one of California’s greatest attractions. A California tour is incomplete without a visit to the Golden Gate Bridge, which connects Marin County and the northern tip of the San Francisco peninsula. The bridge is one of California’s key tourist attractions and also one of the most photographed bridges in the world. It is, perhaps, the most beautiful bridge in the world. This bridge is the only way to exit San Francisco and travel to the northern regions. The Golden Gate Bridge can have high traffic density at any time of the day.
2. San Diego Zoo: This zoo is located in Balboa Park, San Diego, and is a famous California attraction. Known for its giant panda, this zoo has over 800 species of wildlife. A tour of Southern California should always include the San Diego zoo. The zoo has won accolades for conservation efforts as well as for protecting endangered species. Pandas, tigers, black rhinos, and California condors are some of the endangered species you can find at the zoo.
3. Hollywood: Hollywood, a Los Angeles neighborhood, is known for its movies and celebrities. Hollywood is one of the top attractions in California and is every visitor’s dream destination. Also known as tinsel town or the star-struck town, Hollywood is an important part of a California tour. The CBS Television City, Capitol Records Building, Hollywood Professional School, Hollywood Walk of Fame, and Hollywood Boulevard commercial and entertainment districts, are some of the most popular tourist attractions in California.
4. Disneyland, Anaheim: Disneyland theme park is a great California attraction. The place was conceived and built by the great visionary, Walt Disney, in the Anaheim area. This is one of the most visited theme parks in the world and a must-see during a visit to California. This California tourist attraction, with an Adventure Land, Frontier Land, Fantasy Land, and Tomorrow Land, now features a Holiday Land and Mickey’s Toon Town. Disneyland is a great place for kids, adults, and the elderly to hangout. The theme park takes visitors on a journey into the world of fun and fantasy.
5. Lake Tahoe: Lake Tahoe is a freshwater lake on the border of California. The lake, located beneath the Sierra Nevada mountain range, is the largest alpine lake in North America. A tour of Lake Tahoe may include the Tahoe ski resorts, Tahoe Mountains, the lake scenery view areas, and Reno casinos. Luxurious mountain resorts offer scenic gondola rides on the lake. It’s a must-see during a visit to California.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.