Corporate life and its various dimensions may take an unhealthy toll on an executive’s daily eating patterns and overall health. Between meetings, business lunches, office parties, and conferences, irregularity of meal timings and poor food choices becomes unavoidable.
Here is a list of the ten best diet tips for CEOs, which can be adopted with just a little effort, discipline, and commitment.
1. When in doubt, always opt for fresh and natural foods such as fruits, green salads, vegetables, or beans.
2. Skipping meals must be strictly avoided. Start the day with a healthy breakfast that includes the proper balance of complex carbohydrates and lean proteins. You can even include a bowl of fresh fruit.
3. Keep healthy snacks such as wheat crackers, cereal bars, oat cookies, and roasted nuts handy. These can be eaten if you are caught up at work and are delayed for lunches or dinners.
4. Try to practice restraint when it comes to junk foods and simple sugars. They wreak havoc on your blood glucose levels and result in cravings, mood fluctuations, and fatigue. Besides, processed and refined foods are loaded with saturated and trans-fats that bring down energy levels and simply add inches to the waist.
5. Restrict the intake of coffee and sodas. Instead, switch to green tea or herbal tea; these are rich in antioxidants and help with stress management.
6. It is always better to have five or six small and frequent meals than two or three large meals. This ensures a steady supply of energy throughout the day.
7. Try to pay attention to the portion size of foods you place on your plate. Divide the plate into two halves and fill half with salads and vegetables and the other half with breads and meats.
8. Plan the day in a way that ensures you have time to participate in a physical activity of your choice. A brisk walk, playing a game, or swimming are excellent stress busters and metabolism boosters.
9. Stay hydrated and replenish your energy levels by drinking at least two to three liters of water daily.
10. Limit your social drinking and dilute your alcoholic drinks with soda, lemonade, or plain water instead of colas, fruit juices, or tonic water.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.