Bulimia is an eating disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of compulsive eating and purging. This disease is characterized by abnormal behaviors such as the abuse of laxatives and enemas, over-exercising, and induced vomiting. A good treatment center is essential to treat a complex disease like bulimia. The top ten bulimia treatment centers are:
1. ACM-Woodleaf Eating Disorder Center: This treatment center in San Francisco treats both adolescents and adults. It also provides free bi-monthly aftercare support group sessions to outpatients.
2. Remuda Ranch: The Remuda in Wickenburg, Arizona, offers residential treatment for bulimia and has the largest inpatient center nationwide. The programs and therapies are Christian-centered and may require chapel attendance.
3. UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital in Los Angeles is another treatment center that offers long-term inpatient care facilities for bulimics as well as anorexics.
4. Rogers Memorial Hospital in Oconomowoc,Wisconsin offers separate residential treatment programs for both men and women.
5. Belmont Center for Comprehensive Treatment is a not-for-profit bulimia treatment center in Philadelphia. This center is part of the Albert Einstein Healthcare Network and treats only adolescents and younger adults.
6. Laureate Psychiatric Clinic and Hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma, offers separate treatments for adults and adolescents suffering from bulimia and places a major focus on family therapy in its approach.
7. Renfrew Center: provides residential treatment programs in Philadelphia and Coconut Creek, Florida. It treats bulimia by focusing on women’s related issues and the underlying causes leading to this disorder. The center caters only to women.
8. Chrysalis Intensive Group Treatment for Eating Disorders in Denton, Texas, has excellent outpatient facilities. It has a multidisciplinary team of experts that offer various treatment methods for bulimia and provide intensive outpatient services.
9. Monte Nido Treatment Center in Malibu, California, is a residential treatment center that provides residential treatment programs that last for eight to 12 weeks. With a highly equipped staff, this is one of the best treatment centers for bulimia in the nation.
10. The Fairwinds Treatment Center in Clearwater, Florida, has both inpatient as well as residential program facilities and offers an intensive care program that includes various therapies. It measures the progress of patients using different scales like Yale-Brown-Cornell Scale and Young-Mania Rating Scale.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.