Breast Cancer is a condition that can be diagnosed through various tests.
Some of the different methods used to diagnose breast cancer are as follows:
1. Clinical Breast Examination: While making a breast examination, doctors generally look for lumps or tissue overgrowth. In case any irregularities are found, mammography and ultrasound test are suggested.
2. Mammograms: A mammogram is generally taken to confirm the signs and symptoms of breast cancer.
3. Breast MRI: This diagnostic test is generally employed as a complementary test, and it enables detailed physical examination of the breast’s internal structure.
4. Elastography: This is a new diagnostic test. To some extent, it is considered better than mammography. Elastography is a noninvasive procedure that helps differentiate between benign and cancerous growths of breast tissues. The technique is used to distinguish between different tumors on the basis of hardness of tissues.
5. Overall hormonal status can also be considered amongst other complementary tests for diagnosing breast cancer.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.