In the early stages, breast cancer usually has no symptoms. As the tumor grows, patients may experience swelling in the armpit, pain or tenderness in the breast, a lump in the breast which is usually painless, a noticeable indentation on the breast which may indicate a tumor that cannot be seen or felt, changes in the contour, texture, or temperature of the breast, and unusual discharge from the nipple.
Breast cancer drug treatment is undertaken using various drugs. The top five include:
1. Tamoxifen. It follows the primary treatment for early-stage breast cancer.
2. Abraxane IV. This drug is used to treat advanced breast cancer. Paclitaxel (Taxol) is a cancer chemotherapy drug that works by slowing or stopping the cancer cell growth.
3. Epirubicin. It slows or stops the growth of cancer cells.
4. Femara oral. This drug is used in the treatment of breast cancer in women after menopause.
5. Ixempra IV. This drug is used alone or with other medications to slow or stop cancer cell growth.
Other drugs include Zoladex SubQ, Zometa IV, Xeloda Oral, Vinorelbine IV, Toremifene Oral, and Aredia IV. Drug treatment usually is accompanied by radiation therapy, chemotherapy, systemic therapy, hormone therapy, and surgery.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.