Prostate health is of great concern for men today. Preventive measures may help reduce the risk of prostate cancer. Usually, men over 40 start experiencing prostate health problems.
The prostate is an exocrine gland of the male reproductive system that acts as a valve directing the flow of urine and sperm.
An enlarged prostate is a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate gland. Most prostate problems such as prostate infection, BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), and prostatitis are caused by an enlarged prostate.
Common symptoms of an enlarged prostate include urination problems, lower back pain, dysuria, and chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
Natural supplements for prostate health are designed to improve the overall health of the prostate gland. They may also decrease the risk of the development of prostate disorders.
The following are the ten best supplements for prostate health:
1. Herbal remedies are regarded as some of the best prostate health supplements. Saw palmetto works to reduce the size of enlarged prostates and relieves urinary problems.
2. Nettle root is an effective natural supplement for prostate health. It reduces obstruction of urinary flow. Pygeum improves urinary symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate.
3. Red clover contains an antioxidant that fights cancerous growth. Red clover inhibits DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) formation.
4. Doses of vitamin C and vitamin B6 are also some of the best supplements for prostate health. They make urination easier and prevent swelling.
5. Another supplement for an enlarged prostate is soy (miso, soy milk) and fish oil. Selenium, found in brazil nuts, slows the progression of tumor growth.
6.Lycopene contains powerful antioxidants. Lycopene, found in red tomatoes and other tomato-based products (like ketchup and puree), is a natural supplement for prostate health.
7. Fruits like guavas, watermelon, and pink grapefruit act as natural supplements for prostate health. Fructose (the sugar found in fruits) stimulates the production of vitamin D that inhibits tumors.
8. Garlic, turmeric, ginger, and rosemary act as supplements for an enlarged prostate. Other enlarged prostate health supplements include skullcap, holy basil, and oregano.
9. Green tea (EGCG) may prevent prostate cancer by acting as a natural inhibitor of an enlarged prostate.
10. Zinc supplements taken with copper are also recommended for the treatment of an enlarged prostate.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.