Prostate health is of great concern for men today. Early precautions and preventive measures help reduce the risk of prostate cancer. Usually, men over 40 start experiencing prostate health problems.
Prostate is an exocrine gland of the male reproductive system that acts as a valve directing the flow of urine and sperm.
Enlarged prostate is a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate gland. Most prostate problems such as prostate infection, BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia) and prostatitis are caused by an enlarged prostate.
The common symptoms of an enlarged prostate are urination problems, lower back pain, dysuria and chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
Natural supplements for prostate health are meant to improve the health of the prostate gland. They decrease the risk of the development of prostate disorders.
1. Herbal remedies are regarded as the best prostate health supplements. Saw palmetto works to reduce the size of enlarged prostates and relieves urinary problems.
2. Nettle root is an effective natural supplement for prostate health. It reduces obstruction to urinary flow. Pygeum improves urinary symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate.
3. Red clover contains an antioxidant that fights cancerous growth. Red clover inhibits DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) formation.
4. Doses of vitamin C and vitamin B6 are the best supplements for prostate health. They make urination easier. These vitamins also prevent swelling.
5. Another supplement for enlarged prostate is soy (miso, soy milk). Fish oils are a natural supplement for prostate health. Selenium (Brazil nuts) slows the progression of tumor growth.
6. Lycopene contains powerful antioxidants. Lycopene, found in red tomatoes and other tomato-based products (like ketchup and puree), is a natural supplement for prostate health.
7. Fruits like guavas, watermelon and pink grapefruit act as natural supplements for prostate cancer. Fructose (the sugar found in fruits) stimulates the production of vitamin D that inhibits tumors.
8. Garlic, turmeric, ginger and rosemary act as supplements for the enlarged prostate. Other enlarged prostate health supplements include skullcap, holy basil and oregano.
9. Green tea (EGCG) effectively prevents prostate cancer by serving as a natural inhibitor of the enlarged prostate.
10. Supplements of zinc taken with copper are also recommended for the treatment of enlarged prostates.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.