Choosing a baby name can be a great pleasure. It can also be pretty stressful for those involved in the process, due to the huge range of baby names that are available. Here is our selection of the 5 best baby names for girls. Just take your pick of one of the names from our list and you can’t go wrong when naming a baby girl.
1) Isabella, which means “My God is a vow” in Hebrew, is one of the most popular baby girl names. When choosing baby names, many parents opt for this one as they want their baby to have the same name as various queens throughout history. When selecting baby names, their meaning plays a significant role. Isabella is very popular among baby girl names, as it also means “One who is dedicated to God.”
2) Some parents prefer to opt for baby names with an earthy touch. Among such baby girl names, Emma is preferred. The word Emma is of German origin. It means “complete” or “universal” and refers to a person whose personality is well-developed. This girl's name is extensively used in entertainment and literature making it preferred by parents looking for baby names.
3) The name Ava is a popular baby girl name. It means “like a bird.” In Old English, it refers to the “breath of life.” Sometimes, baby names are a short form for some other name. So is the case of Ava, which is a short form for Avis. It is among the top baby names and many parents prefer it.
4) Emily is drawn from an Old Roman name “Aemillus,” which means “industrious.” Latin in origin, this name has a number of meanings such as eager, rivalrous, and ambitious. This name is extremely popular among baby names. Famous individuals who have had this name include the author Emily Bronte and poet Emily Dickinson.
5) The name Madison means one who is strong, courageous, and confident. Variants of this name include Maddy, Maddison, and Madisyn. It is basically a German name that was carried over to Old England. It means “Son of a mighty warrior.” Madison is among the top baby names for girls. It is a great choice for a baby name.
It is important to choose a baby name with utmost care, because as you are choosing baby names, you are also creating your baby’s identity. You can't go wrong with our list of the five most popular baby names for girls.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.