Arkansas scholarships and grants are formulated in such a manner that you can accomplish your vocational goals and academic aims at the same time. The following are five of the best scholarships for residents of Arkansas:
1. The R. Preston Woodruff Jr. Scholarship
is one of the best scholarships that is awarded to Arkansas residents by the Arkansas Student Loan authority group. This scholarship is available to all those who are planning to attend either a two year, four college, or technical school. The Woodruff Jr. Arkansas scholarship has an award amount of $1,000. The scholarship is awarded to one student each year.
2. The Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship is available to Arkansas residents who are high school seniors. This scholarship is available to all those who scored a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average (GPA). The total amount awarded under these scholarships depends upon the availability of funds.
3. The Governor's Scholars Program is one of the best scholarships available to residents of Arkansas. This program provides around 100 scholarships every year, with award amounts of up to $4,000. To be eligable, high school seniors must have at least a 3.6 GPA and an ACT score of 27 with a combined SAT score of 1100. The “Distinguished Scholarship” has an award amount of $10,000, which is only conferred to a National Merit Scholar. To receive these scholarships, students must be enrolling in an Arkansas university or college.
4. Arkansas Health Education Grant is specifically for the healthcare sector. These scholarships and grants are between $9,200 and $ 24,200 for the year. The amount depends upon the choice of curriculum.
5. Another one of the best scholarships for residents of Arkansas is the Higher Education Opportunities Grant. This scholarship/grant is for low-income students. In order to be eligible for this scholarship, students have to officially state that they are drug-free and provide personal details like gross income, and household size.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.