There are a number of warning signs about cancer, as there are many different types of cancers. Signs of ovarian cancer may differ from signs of lung cancer or signs of breast cancer. Some of the warning signs of cancer are very distinct and need thorough check up. Seven warning signs of cancer are given below:
1. Change in bowel habist: This is one of the most common of the seven warning signs of cancer. Although change in bowel habit can mean a lot of things, it requires medical attention. Presence of blood in the stool or urine may be an indication of cancer.
2. Sores that don’t heal and become painful or grow in size with the passage of time
3. Unusual discharge or bleeding from the rectum, vagina, or bladder
4. Lump in breast tissue - one of the signs of breast cancer
5. Indigestion and difficulty in swallowing
6. Obvious change in skin or wart/moles - in case of skin cancer
7. Hoarseness or nagging cough - a warning sign of lung cancer
For more information on cancer, see below:
Signs of Lung Cancer
Lung Cancer: Top 5 Symptoms
Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
Breast Cancer: Top 5 Symptoms
© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.