Tags: War on Terrorism | bulgaria | bombing | inquiry | government

New Bulgaria Govt Seeks Quick Response on Bombing Inquiry

By Joel Himelfarb   |  

SOFIA, Bulgaria — Bulgaria said Thursday that it wants quicker responses to its requests for information in investigating a suicide bombing last July that killed five Israeli tourists and their bus driver and wounded more than 30 others, according to the Israeli newspaper Haaretz.
 
Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said his government is ready to join a European Union (EU) consensus in favor of blacklisting Hezbollah, but added that  Sofia questioned as to whether there was “solid ground” for blaming the Lebanese Shiite group.

Bulgaria said in February that Hezbollah carried out the deadly  July 18 attack in the Black Sea resort of Burgas.

But the country’s new Socialist-led government, elected last month, has expressed doubt about the quality of the evidence presented thus far, and wants Israel and other nations to provide more information about possible perpetrators, Haaretz reports.

Sofia’s softer line has complicated British-led efforts to mobilize support for a European Union decision to blacklist Hezbollah.

© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

1Like our page
2Share
Europe
Bulgaria said Thursday that it wants quicker responses to its requests for information in investigating a suicide bombing last July that killed five Israeli tourists and their bus driver and wounded more than 30 others, according to the Israeli newspaper Haaretz.
bulgaria,bombing,inquiry,government
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved